Thursday

March 1

1. Yeah, March is here!! Which means we are heading towards warmer weather and longer days!
2. It felt like Spring today. The sunshine was so beautiful that we had to take full advantage of it and headed to the Discovery park. Jayne, Lucy, Max, and I had the best afternoon! I loved watching them all play together so good, listening to them laugh, and feeling the sun on my face. It was as if Jayne was rediscovering the park for the first time. We were having such a great time that we stayed way past the time for Lucy to go Kindergarten. I pretended that I lost track of time when I actually knew full well that school was starting and just enjoyed the moment. (Lucy did eventually make it to school, just over an hour late.)
3. A rootbeer freeze at Taco Amigo with the kids after the park.
4. Getting all of Max's homework done during the day instead of rushed at night.
5. Emilee made the sprint team!!!!! Jason and I went over to watch her tryouts and wow is she lightening fast. She had the 2nd fasted time in all the 7th, 8th, & 9th graders. We were the only parents in the stands, and when her friends asked her why we were there I heard her funny response. "Hello, have you met my dad? Do you really think he would ever miss something like this?" It made me laugh and happy. I'm glad she knows that we wouldn't miss it for the world! Jason called us 3 times just on way over to the school telling us to hurry!!! He wanted her there early stretching out and didn't want her to miss a thing. It's going to be fun to watch her this spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment