Friday

August 10

1.  My family is in Laguna this week and I am sad we are not there.  I am grateful for the BEST memories I have had over the years there!  It is a sacred place to me, and I will be back!
2.  We spent last weekend in Cedar City at Max's baseball tournament with Blackhurst.  They won the whole thing:)  It was fun to be a part of that awesome team with such fun people. Max was a little nervous and unsure playing with them, but I was proud of him.  His final game didn't end until 2:00 am.  (Milk shakes between games, cooler of drinks and treats, Batting cages and Go carts, Pizza Factory, HOT hotel in St. George and staying up one whole night sweating, early swimming with the girls, the Bear Paw)
3.  Jason has NEVER been better to me.  He calls me 20 times a day to check on me, stops by home everyday and sometimes eats lunch with me, and rubs by back every night for an hour while we watch the Olympics each night.  We are loving the Olympics.
4.  Em is on the freshman/sophomore soccer team.  She has been doing a soccer camp this whole week that Lucy and Abbie are going to, and had her first game.  I hope it's a fun season for her.
5.  Max has started football and I love to go over to his practices and sit in the shade and enjoy the summer nights.  It is the highlight of my day to get out of the house and relax.
6.  It is finally sinking in that  I don't have a baby.  Taking Jayne to Lake Powell and St. George made me realize that I have a family with all big kids.  She acts just like the rest of them.  This morning she came and got into my bed like usual, and made me pinky promise about something.  It made me laugh how fast she is growing up.  She is counting down every day until preschool starts.  She makes us drive by Misti's everyday so she can see her school.
7.  Abbie and Lucy are great buddies.  I love how they love to be together.  They play together, sleep together, and spend most of their time laughing together.  I hope that will never change.

1 comment:

  1. Your Joy In My Journey brings joy to my journey. I love it when I can see you life in a few words. I love you Kim!

    ReplyDelete