Tuesday

June 19

1.  I have two kids at camp this week and our house feels lonely.
2.  I am so glad that Emilee decided to go to girls camp!!  It was a tearful Sunday for both of us as we struggled with the decision.  It is soccer camp this week at the high school too.  I watched her as she tried to decide what was best. Her tender spirit new she should go to girls camp and I was grateful that she listened to it!  I hope she has a great week!  I am thankful to Kari and some other influences for helping her get there:)
3.  Max looked so cute in his scout uniform as he headed out for a week.  I'm glad he has a good dad who helped him get all ready with his fishing pole, bike, and all his goods.  Jason is going up tomorrow to spend the rest of the week with him.
4.  Last night was one of the top 10 nights of my life.  Jason and I took the kids to ride bikes up the canyon to Vivian Park for a picnic.  It was so beautiful and just a perfect night in every way.  I loved watching  Lucy pedal her heart out and talk my ear off as we rode.  She sang primary songs and kept telling me how many pounds she was losing.  She took Emilee's big bike and we lowered the seat and she was a trooper!  Jayne rode behind Jason in her little carriage and Abbie lead the way with a big smile.  I hope I can remember that night forever!
5.  Jason and I have been exercising every night.  We found the most beautiful trail right behind our house that we didn't even know  existed.  We have been either hiking every night or bike riding up the canyon.  I love being with him!!!  The nights have been so beautiful with pink skies and perfect temperatures.  We even took Emilee and Max with us one Sunday night and started our hike at 10:00 and didn't get home until after midnight.  The Yarros joined us a few times.  I LOVE SUMMER NIGHTS!
6.  I love to lay by my little girls each night and sing to them as they fall asleep.
7.  My mom had Grandma's camp last week up at Wallsburg.  My kids had a week of a lifetime!  They don't stop talking about all of the fun they had and I know it will be something they will never forget.  They rode horses, went up to the homestead to the volcano, built a raft for the pond, had a fire, did art projects, had a star party on the tramp, made cookies, played and made flags for the tree house, everything they could have ever dreamed of.  Thank you mom for giving them that great memory this summer and for giving me a few days to enjoy!
8.  Abbie took first place with her softball team.  My mom came down to every one of her tournament games and I know it meant a lot to Abbie.  I loved watching her catch!
9.  Jayne's new response when I ask her to do something.  "Of course!"\
10.  Jason has been camping every weekend this month.  He went to Zions camp, Strippling Warriors camp, and headed to deacons camp.  He still has two more to go:) I love his texts at night when he gets in his tent!
11.  We had a great fathers day.  We went to Brick Oven with my dad on Saturday and then to Millers for dinner on Sunday.  I have been blessed with the greatest dad in the world.  I can honestly say that there is no one quite like him.  He gave me the greatest life a girl could ask for.  He made sure that I did everything that I ever wanted.  His encouragement, love, and oppinion has always meant the most to me.  I remember the times that I was away from home how much it meant to have him write me a letter or a little something on the bottom of my moms letters.  And I always looked forward to talking to him the most on the phone.  I always thought he was so wise and could always make me feel better when I was down.  I still look forward to anytime I am with him and love to watch him with my kids.  They love him so much too!

No comments:

Post a Comment